You don’t have to spend a lot of money to have unique and colorful art in your garden. This idea comes my book Project Garden, out just this year by Adams Media. Look for it to get more garden ideas to do with the entire family. It even has recipes, plant suggestions, garden plans and games, too. Here it is on Amazon.
- Tennis or badminton racket
- Tweezers or needle-nose pliers (optional)
- Ribbon, yarn, wire or string
- Beads and/or trinkets
- Using scissors, cut the strings out of the racket. Remove all the strings. (You might want to use some tweezers or needle-nose pliers to get at those hard-to-reach spots.)
- Measure and cut your ribbon or string to the desired lengths. These will hang down from the top of your racket, so measure twice and cut once.
- Tie knots at one end of your ribbon. Then string with decorations like colorful beads or wood trinkets.
- Once you’ve strung the ribbons, pull them through the holes of the tennis racket and secure with knots. You can leave the beads hanging freely or tie them from one side to another to create a web.
- Push the racket handle into the ground, and enjoy!