Regina and Jenna are the owners of Magic Beyond Midnight. They are pros at creating items for weddings and special events, including these great hot chocolate cones I fell in love with. They are donating a $25 gift certificate to our handmade holidays giveaway this month. You can choose from anything in their store. so don’t forget to enter! When creating your own DIY items, we asked them to offer up some tips, and here are their top 10. Thanks ladies for giving us these tips!
1. Plan out your project and set a deadline.
2. Try a small project before tackling a big one.
3. Buy some supplies in bulk if they turn out cheaper. Ebay, Amazon, etc are a great way to save!!
4. Trade supplies, or barter services and items with fellow crafters.
5. Check out the craft books at the library.
6. Try to finish old projects rather than start new ones that need new supplies!!
7. Manage your inventory of supplies and make sure you do not buy things you already have in storage!
8. Subscribe to sites about crafts.
9. Join a craft group or lessons at your local Michael’s or AC Moore.
10. Borrow equipment or take lessons before committing a lot of money into the trade.