You know the classic game, Pick Up Sticks? Now you can make your own version with a few sticks from your backyard and a Pringles can. This is quick and easy to make, and kids will love saying they made it themselves. Here’s how.
- Pringles can
- Spray paint
- Decorative Duct tape
- Go outside to find sticks to use for your game. You don’t want them too big or two small. It’s nice to have them all around the same size.
- Using sandpaper, gently file the sticks to make them a bit smoother. (You can also use a potato peeler to help get unwanted knots out.) You don’t have to sand the sticks very much.
- Lay the sticks on cardboard outside. Spray them with three different colors. With the game, you want to have three different colors because they’re worth different points. We painted 17 sticks white (1 point), 10 sticks green (2 points) and 7 sticks blue (3 points). Let sticks dry.
- Clean out your Pringles can. Cover with decorative Duct tape.
- Print out the rules of the game and then tape them onto the can.