The Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition is this amazing national group that supports women in the outdoor industries. They recently announced they would be holding a 2015 Pitchfest this summer, and they invited women everywhere to submit business ideas. And guess what?
DESTINATION NATURE HAS BEEN SELECTED AS A FINALIST!
We are completely honored and proud to be part of this event. So to show our appreciation and explain the contest a bit more, we put together a top 10 list of why we are so excited.
- The contest is near Salt Lake City, Utah, which is a fantastic place for nature, the outdoors, and to be inspired.
- We get to pitch Destination Nature Club, the business we’ve been working on since the beginning of the year. It’s a subscription-based service to get kids outside.
- We have the chance to pitch our business to real, bonafide investors!
- Even if we don’t get an investor, we’re planning to build partnerships, find advisors, and gain contacts that we wouldn’t otherwise have. This is huge.
- The contest is centered around this really awesome event called Outdoor Retailer. This is pretty much the biggest and coolest industry event for all things outdoors. We’ve been dreaming of going for years.
- The judges for the contest are some pretty amazing, big name people. The CEOs of Backcountry, REI, and Noosa Yoghurt are all going to be listening to our business idea. Other awesome judges include tech guru, Matt Compton, and Dan Nordstrom, the CEO of Outdoor Research.
- We get to work with a mentor. We’ll announce who our mentor is soon, but again, it’s just an amazing opportunity to work with investors and seasoned entrepreneurs to get us ready.
- We will get to network with other entrepreneurs who are also developing ideas and products for the outdoor industry.
- As part of the contest, we’ll get a membership into the Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition. This group is just a fantastic resource, and we’re honored to be new members.
- This is our chance to get the word out about Destination Nature and to promote the importance of getting kids outside. And this is probably the coolest thing of all.
Thanks to everyone who has helped us get to this point, especially all you parents and members of our testing panel! We are confident we’ve put together a great product and business. And it certainly wouldn’t have been possible without your help, advice, comments, and kids.