You can make a nature collage using items in your own backyard or neighborhood. This is a great way to encourage your kids to be creative and explore. Plus, it can make a really fun gift idea for a parent or grandparent.
- Paint and paintbrush
- Hot glue gun
- Whatever else you want
- If you have an old picture frame, this is a good way to make your collage. Just take out the glass from the frame. If you don’t have a frame, just get a strong piece of cardboard or board instead. You can make your own frame!
- Paint your background. We chose to use black so everything shows up really nice. Also paint any other scene you’d like on. We painted a moon, starts and other small items.
- Using a hot glue gun (be careful!), glue on your nature items. We glued leaves, branches, moss, gourds, pieces of pinecones and feathers. (Just a note…it’s illegal to collect feathers from wild birds. We used chicken feathers from domestic birds.)
- Finish up any painting you want done. And add any border you might want. We used pieces of pinecone to make a border on one of ours. The other one didn’t need it because it was in the picture frame.
- If this is for a gift, personalize it!