Stacy Tornio is an Oklahoma girl at heart, though she’s lived in Wisconsin for the last 15 years. As the former editor of Birds & Blooms magazine, Stacy will always consider herself a birder and gardener. She has more than 10 books to her name, including the The Kids’ Outdoor Adventure Book (National Outdoor Book Award winner), The Secret Lives of Animals, Project Garden, Cathy’s Animal Garden, and Bird Brainiacs. Also look for Stacy’s books through the Ranger Rick line of books coming out from The National Wildlife Federation.
Here are a few more random facts about Stacy
- Has the two most awesome kids, Jack and Annabelle, who love the outdoors.
- Teaches kids gardening classes as part of her volunteer work with Master Gardeners.
- Has great memories of watching the killdeer growing up in Oklahoma.
- Loves owls and woodpeckers.
- Grows lots of veggies in her backyard each year using the square foot gardening method.
- Trained for a half marathon while writing her second book.
- Makes her own jelly and salsa every summer.
- Ran her own veggie stand as a kid at the local farmer’s market.
- Dreams of having chickens with fresh eggs one day.
- Despite loving nature, is a wuss when it comes to touching nature.